- Peer Networking & Professional Growth
- Networking & NAWBO NYC Events
- Mastermind Groups
- Mentorship Programs
- Morning, lunchtime and evening events
- NAWBO Offers
- NAWBO Partner Offers
- Tote & Community Offers Booklet
- Biweekly Newsletter: Member Spotlight and Successes & Stories
- NAWBO NYC Social Media Accounts
- Website Opportunities
- Member Event Calendar Posting
- Member Directory
- NAWBO NYC Blog
- NAWBO National Directory
- Public Policy & Advocacy
- Publicity Opportunities: NAWBO NYC Speakers Bureau and Volunteer Opportunities
PEER NETWORKING & PROFESSIONAL GROWTH
- NAWBO offers women business owners a national and local platform to tap into the power of an established community of women entrepreneurs.
- Our NAWBO NYC events and online communications and groups promote interconnectedness between members to leverage the evolving, more networked, business environment – both in NYC and when visiting other chapter cities. We warmly welcome new members and encourage relationships among our growing community.
We all need ongoing support as entrepreneurs. In this monthly meeting, your group of women business owner peers shares problems, successes, ask advice and help develop solutions on a confidential basis. NAWBO NYC Mastermind Groups launch on a rotational basis. Premier/ Established members interested in participating should email us.
The NAWBO NYC Mentoring Program was created to help women business owners achieve excellent results in their businesses and their lives. Our members have experienced the power and enjoyment of receiving personal support from qualified women business owners that lead to breakthroughs, strengthen business acumen and gain confidence in their leadership skills. Interested Mentees and Mentors, find our more about the program, application, and deadlines.
- Our programs are mostly educational and focus on members’ needs to support their successful business growth.
- Programs encompass morning, lunchtime and evening events, typically starting with networking followed by an expert speaker sharing insights and answering questions on topics including leadership, sales, marketing, finance, and public policy; plus programs on work/life balance, time management, health and other topics of interest to our members.
- Click here to see some of our past events, and register for our next event so you can experience it and meet some of our great community members.
NAWBO Partner Offers
- NAWBO’s national corporate sponsors and affiliate partners offer discounts and benefits every month that deliver significant bottom-line savings to all members.
- Premier members get exclusive benefits from NAWBO partners.
- NAWBO NYC continues to develop more local benefits to suit our members’ needs. Click here to email us additional suggestions.
Tote & Community Offers Booklet
- We believe in the goal of ‘Giving Each Other Business’ and that our community will benefit if we leverage each other’s services and expertise to support our own and each other’s businesses.
- Our ‘Community Offers’ Booklet enables members to share special offers among each other (whatever offer makes sense for their business), as well as benefit from other members’ expertise on a ‘friends and family’ basis.
- All members receive the booklet inside our custom NAWBO NYC tote.
- Please email us if you are a member and have not included your offer yet or to receive your tote and community offer booklet.
NAWBO provides a rich variety of online newsletters, tools and social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to give women pertinent information to help them understand the marketplace and grow their businesses.
Biweekly Newsletter: Member Spotlight and Successes & Stories
Member Spotlights for Premier/Established members. It’s ALL about YOU!!! Email Lauren Banyar Reich and she will send you the format to follow.
Success & Stories
Share your accomplishments. Send them, with photos if you have them, to email@example.com.
NAWBO NYC SOCIAL MEDIA
Facebook NAWBO NYC
NAWBO NYC Facebook page allows members and non-members to learn more about NAWBO NYC, our events, and offerings.
Facebook NAWBO NYC Members Only Group
Need to ask for some urgent advice or recommendations, post some news, or find resources? The Members Only group is a private area for NAWBO NYC members to receive and share help. Join our Members Only group on Facebook. Click here to join.
Keep up-to-date with event notices, news and more via NAWBO NYC’s Twitter account.
NAWBO NYC LinkedIn is where you can share posts, news, and resources.
Member Event Calendar Posting
NAWBO NYC wants other members and our extended community to find out about, support and attend other members’ businesses and events. Are you running and event or being featured? As an NAWBO NYC member, you may have one event per month posted on our website calendar in which that member is running or is featured. See the full guidelines and submit your first event using this form.
NAWBO NYC members can market themselves to our broad off- and online extended network through our local Members’ Directory. Members can fill out their membership directory profile here or in our members-only Facebook group. Our Member Directory is a growing hub where we encourage visitors to our website to search and find women-owned businesses.
NAWBO NYC Blog
The NAWBO NYC Blog launches later this month!
As a benefit of your membership, you are invited to submit a blog post that NAWBO NYC will help amplify through our newsletter, our website, and our social media channels – reaching an audience of over 2,500 women business owners. All blogs must meet editorial guidelines for us to consider publication, including:
- Authored by a NAWBO NYC member, sponsor or speaker
- Content must be of interest to NAWBO NYC members and pertain to issues facing women business owners
- Blogs should include actionable advice and takeaway that members can apply to their business TODAY – it’s about quality content showcasing your expertise, and not a commercial for your business
- Length of no more than 700 words
Other tips? Make it timely, make it interesting, making it something you would like to read and that has value to our membership. To submit a blog post, please click here, or contact Lauren Banyar Reich with any questions.
NAWBO National Directory
NAWBO’s national directory allows members to connect country-wide for business development purposes and to network when traveling. Go to http://www.nawbo.org, log in to your account and navigate to the Directory.
PUBLIC POLICY AND ADVOCACY
NAWBO represents a united voice on issues that impact women-owned and small businesses daily. NAWBO provides members with information about current legislation affecting women-owned businesses and serves as a vehicle for exercising political influence through action – at national and local levels.
NAWBO’s Women’s Business Conference provides women with personal and professional business development opportunities to take their businesses to the next level of success. The annual conference brings together owners of businesses of all sizes from all industries to celebrate and leverage the collective power of the fastest growing segment of the economy—women entrepreneurs. This year, the annual conference was in Columbus, Ohio.
NAWBO NYC’s Speakers Bureau
Interested in sharing your expertise at events sponsored by NAWBO NYC and/or other organizations that approach us for recommendations? NAWBO NYC’s Speakers Bureau is seeking your application. Click here to fill out the form. Note: NAWBO NYC Premier members are given priority.
Would you like to be more involved and get to know our community better? Why not volunteer for one of our current or upcoming initiatives. We have specific short and longer-term projects that can fit anyone’s availability and schedule. Let us know your interests.